Friday, August 26

Helena Bonham Carter, Helen McCrory & Jason Isaacs


As usual, another autograph dry spell has foresaken me...autographs for which I've sent requests, that is.  Luckily, I've still been able to advance my Star Trek and Harry Potter autograph collections via reputable sellers from across these United States.  Since my "Star Trek Wall (Updated)" post below, I was successful in adding a signed card of Jonathan Frakes (Will Riker) to my collection, which now leaves DeForest Kelley and Wil Wheaton to be had.  Unfortunately, I think it might be awhile until I publish another Star Trek-related blog post, as those two names have been pretty hard to come by as of late.

After seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II multiple times this summer, I was inspired to add the signatures of two of my favorite 'Potter' actors to my collection: Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) and Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy).  I came across a signed 4x6" agency photo of Helena and began brainstorming possible display ideas for her and Helen McCrory (Narcissa Malfoy), who I had already received through the mail last year.  I decided on matting the signed photos with two other Harry Potter-themed studio shots and name plates, which can be seen below.  And of course, a HUGE 'thank you' goes out to my incredible father for helping cut the mats and frame the finished products. I LOVE them!

Jason Isaacs has been another favorite of mine for quite some time now.  He did an extraordinary job as both the sinister Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter and the villainous Captain Hook in the 2003 film version of Peter Pan.  I actually wrote to Mr. Isaacs requesting an autograph at the beginning of 2009, but I'm afraid that request will be left unfulfilled (I have yet to receive a reply, but as my Julie Andrews success taught me, NEVER discount ANY pending requests).  However, I started looking at other ways to obtain a signed photo of this talented actor.  He appeared at this year's San Diego Comic Con to promote his new NBC drama Awake (premiering this fall) -- of course, what better way to promote your particular movie or TV series than by signing autographs for the loyal fans?! And that's exactly what I've added to my collection.  Pictured below, I have added an 11x17" Comic Con exclusive Awake mini poster signed by Jason Isaacs to my wall.  Sure, it's no Lucius Malfoy print, but I've always wanted to add some signed mini posters to my collection, and this Awake mini poster is pretty cool.  So here's to the start of a new venture!



No comments:

Post a Comment